Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Listen to the rain, whispering secrets in vain. Frantically searching for someone to hear their story before they hit the ground."

So, I'm sitting on my couch, where I have been just about all day. It sucks. I feel like a bum. I can't find a job. I'm still trying but I'd kinda rather curl into a ball.

But the point of this blog isn't about all that. I have been thinking and as much as I enjoy living out on my own I've been having some issues. Part of it has to do with losing my job. I hate asking for help and my mom bought me groceries and my dad paid part of my rent for next month.

But even getting passed all that, one of the biggest things that have been making me sad lately is that at the house with my dad the window in my room faced the moon. I used to lay on my bed and look out the window before I went to sleep. I could look at the moon or open my blinds and watch the snow fall, or the rain. I miss the rain. I live on the first floor which means no roof. I have two floors of people above me and I can't hear the rain falling on the roof anymore. It just makes me sad. It's amazing how it's the little things you miss.

So my message to you, whoever may be reading this, is to enjoy the little things. Revel in them. Listen to the rain fall, watch the snow resting on the leaves and the ice sickles melting. Literally stop and smell the flowers. For one it's nice to know you're taking a second to think about something other than where you're going, what's next on your to-do list, what you're having for dinner, etc. Also, the looks on people's places when you actually smell the flowers are pretty funny. And say goodnight to the moon. I know it sounds crazy but trust me; once you get used to saying goodnight to the moon, or listening to the rain, and you're no longer able to do either of those things- you miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment